Thursday, February 18, 2010

Last day in town - by Piper

I am so sad that today is our last day.  I think that my favorite event was the womens moguls. 

Our pin trading has been really fun, my favorite pin is still my Tinkerbell speed skater, but my favorite one I traded for is my spiny one that has all the country flags on it.

Today we finally made it to the CocaCola pavilion & we got some cool light up bottles.

Audra's additions:
We saw the US beat up on Norway in hockey today.....great atmosphere in the rink, lots of cheering and flag waving.  Mike was able to start a U! S! A! cheer for 20,000 people, he was quite proud.  There are those college "skills" at work.

Hit "The Bay" (Hudsons Bay Dept Store) one last time for final gifts & pin purchases we weren't able to acquire through trading. 

Met up with our Washington friends Mark & Michele & their kiddos Connor & Riley for dinner before their late night hockey game.  It was a bit of a challenge finding a restaurant with space since the Canada vs. Switzerland hockey game was on TV.  I have never seen a country so obsessed with a sport.....almost EVERY restaurant (including McDonalds) has a TV in it!!  We settled for Tim Hortons....I feel so Canadian.

=)

Tomorrow we'll meet Mark & Michele for a late breakfast, get our gear packed up and head back across the border to do a little shopping and take a tour of the Wooldridge Factory (the birthplace of our boat) before we catch our flight home.

This has been a FANTASTIC trip, I thought this would be a one in a lifetime event, but we have had so much fun, I certainly hope we'll get to do this again!!


 
  

  

  

  

 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Piper,
    I thought it showed that you really liked the trip. And it also showed you really liked pin trading.

    -Travis
    [;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to have an exciting family adventure that you and the kids will ALWAYS remember!

    ReplyDelete